Tuesday, April 10, 2012

PAX East: The Atmosphere

This past Saturday I went to PAX East courtesy of Corey, who works for Robot Geek.  I was handling photography duties for the day.  It was a good chance for me to practice photography on the fly.  There was plenty things and people to take pictures of at the show.  I will have 3 posts dedicated to PAX East.  The first will be of the general sights you saw at the show.  I may be biased but the Borderlands 2 set up stole the show for me.  Actually, if I had to give the best showing at PAX East it would have to go to 2K.  The set ups for Borderlands 2 and Spec Ops The Line were fantastic.  That's not to say other companies didn't bring their A games as well.  I'll try to provide some commentary with the pictures I post, so you have an idea of what's going on.  
 They had a detached Marquee letting you know that PAX was in fact happening here.
 I'm assuming this car was raffled off at the show, never saw any tables for it.
 Who has 4 arms and is happy to tell you where to get food?  Goro that's who.


 These statues were for the game Tribes Ascend.  I have never heard of it, but it claimed to be the fastest shooter around.


 Waiting in line to wait in lines!
The booth for a game called Skyfall.  Those are brave people sitting under that gigantic screen.








 The best set up of the show in my opinion.  Borderlands 2 excitement level is at an all time high.
The bus set up for Spec Ops The Line.  The line for The Line was pushing 3 hours.  Joe and Susi were brave enough to wait in it.

 Rock Star was there for Max Payne 3.  They had a corner of the floor all to themselves.  I would imagine if they brought GTA V with them, they would have had half the show floor.



 The setup for Colonial Marines allowed you to get on a space loader, and have your picture taken with an attacking alien.
 A crowd shot to give you an idea of what the whole floor looked like.  The place was packed, and they made use of multiple floors.









  Some of the signage and statues that were displayed as you walked around.
 A decent picture of Cliff Bleszinski, the bro behind Gears of War.
Only one re-spawn.

So, that is some of the things you would have seen on the show floor.  The lines were offensively long, and it was very crowded.  I had a good time.  I didn't wait in any lines.  I was there to take pictures, and I had fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment